The Pirate Bay Issue - English Translation

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Some design changes

I made some design changes with my 1338 (that's one more than 1337) javascript/css skillzorz. As you've probably noticed, all the articles are now collapsed to begin with, and can be expanded. The page was becoming far too long, and I think this will make it easier to get a quick overview of the posts. Another, more superficial, change, was that I replaced the large (53 kB) banner behind the blog's name with a simple green. It didn't feel right having a background larger than the rest of the whole page combined.

Oh yeah, and there's a hit counter on the bottom of the page now. It started counting last night, and I must say I'm surprised by the numbers so far.. I thought there would be like at most ten people reading this. :P

10 Comments:

  • you're really skilled, but get some skill for opera 8.5, too, that would be great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

  • Some of the changes you made, the collapsing articles, doesn't quite work in Opera, and neither does in IE. Would you be kind enough to fix that? Thanks. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

  • Excellent blog! Thank you. Your efforts are appreciated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

  • Bad change. You forgot about people like me, who have js disabled. Why should I need js on a blog site?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

  • Sorry, n0 sk1llz. :-P Your blog is now unreadable with Opera 9 browser.

    But thanks for the translations, it's been fascinating reading them!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

  • Hi, very nice and important site, but the new design doesnt work for me on IE, although I permitted js, nothing happens when I click. The other reason why I like the old one is that I could save a page with all the stories at once.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • thank you for the translations, im hungry for any bit of information, since it seems history is being to happenen in front of our eyes.

    greetings, and keep the news flowing.
    thnx form hungary.
    tomo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 PM  

  • Your 1338 javascript/css skillzorz don't work with Opera =/ (although could easily be implemented). Anyway, this page was linked from /.. Keep up the reporting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 PM  

  • Actually, because of that I'm unable to read the text of the articles from the main page area, in both IE (JS on) and Netscape (JS off), and I need to use the links on the right which isn't totally obvious.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

  • Heh.. Don't really remember now (a year later), but I think I changed some stuff back.. If not, that would be bad. Blocking all non-firefox users would be fun, but kind of a bad way to spread the TPB news..

    By Blogger Snild, at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home